I don’t know about you, but when I feel a tad sorry for myself, I think of Carmen Diaz. She’s got it all – youth (well, compared to me), fame, brains, looks, talent and money. Gobs of it. Despite dating hot guys like Alex Rodriguez, Adam Levine, Jared Leto and Justin Timberlake, she stayed single until she was 43.
While the rest of us think it’s easy for the rich and famous to find love, the truth is it is NOT.
Fame and fortune and they are still single? You don’t know the half of it!
In fact, here are 7 Shocking Ways to Stay Single, possible FOREVER!
1. Become a Rich Model, Movie Star or Singer
• Tyra Banks, age 40 Net worth $90 million*
• Al Pacino, age 73 Net worth $135 million
• Diane Keaton, age 68 Net worth $32 million
• John Cusack, age 47 Net worth $20 million
• Hugh Grant, age 53 Net worth $80 million
• Sheryl Crow, age 51 Net worth $40 million
• Carmen Diaz, age 41 Net worth $90 million
• Kevin Spacey, age 54 Net worth $50 million
* Source CelebrityNetWorth.com
Although all of these have been in relationships of various lengths, none have tied the knot..except Carmen in 2015. You GO girl!
2. Date George Clooney
Depending on whom you ask and whether you count rumor or brief “encounters,” of the estimated 22 women that have been linked to George Clooney, he only married one, Talia Balsam. Otherwise, his longest relationship, though “on and off” was 5 years. He’s a heartbreaker. Update: Girls, he’s off the market. George finally married a quality woman in 2014.
3. Become a Famous Matchmaker
Fifty-two year old, Millionaire Matchmaker, Patti Stanger, called off her wedding to Andy Friedman after 7 years together because their relationship “lacked passion.” In 2012, she started dating David Krause, but broke off with him after 3 years. This is a woman who knows what she wants and will stay single until she finds it.
4. Earn Billions
in 2013, Forbes listed 12 billionaires bachelors:
- Alejandro Santo Domingo Davila – Age: 36
- Scott Duncan – Age: 30
- Tor Peterson – Age: 48
- Eduardo Saverin – Age: 30
- Nicolas Berggruen – Age: 51
- Richard Li – Age: 46
- Teddy Sagi – Age: 41
- Yoshikazu Tanaka – Age: 36
- Albert von Thurn und Taxis – Age: 29
5. Be Appointed to the Cabinet of the United States
Former Secretary of State, Condoleeza Rice, age 59, has never been married. She is the first African-American woman and only the second woman to ever hold that office. Did she stay single because of the demands of the job?
6. Star in 5 Martin Scorsese films
Leonardo DeCarprio, age 41, though loved by the ladies (and the feeling is mutual), has never chosen to marry. I guess he’s committed to Martin Scorsese.
Joan of Arc was a little too busy fighting for France in the 100 Years War to find a man, do laundry and chase children around.
Oh, yeah. And then she got burned at the stake at age 19. I guess she will stay single forever.
If you haven’t figured it out by now, if you are single it might because you’re busy doing other things, like earning millions, helping others find love, making history, creating art/music…or grieving that George Clooney and Carmen Diaz are (temporarily?) off the market.